Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful for . . .

  • Snow. It has allowed my kids to be home with me all week because of school cancellations.  Really, I am thankful for that.
  • A suburban and a truck with 4 wheel drive. Either one will allow us to visit both sets of grandma's and grandpa's on this snowy, icy Thanksgiving.
  • Raspberries.  Picked and quick frozen this summer.  Mixed into Jello last night. Finished off this morning for breakfast.  Nothing beats a homegrown berry.
  • Good Grades.  I aced my Biology final,  97% on my calligraphy final, 87 on the Statistics final and 84 on the religion final.  So good to be DONE! I graduate on December 17th.
  • Free Time. For a while there I thought I would never be done with my school work.  I am so glad to have some spare time to spend with the family, get back to projects and make yummy Thanksgiving treats like Pumpkin Pie and Candied Yams.
  • My hard working hubby.  He is at the pool right now with his swim team getting them ready for their first meet next week.  Go Lakes Swim!
  • My house.  I'm feeling a bit down on it right now; I've ignored it for a year (while in school) and there are some parts that need attention desperately: need a door for the front closet, the hallways need to be painted as well as the downstairs and the moldings, the kitchen sink is leaking and the bathroom sink is draining slowly.  Even though it is making me a little frustrated and needs some TLC I am so grateful for a decent warm house with a perfect size yard in a good little neighborhood so close to schools and shopping and recreation and work. 
  • Children. I have the best kids in the world.  They are good and kind and always trying to do what's right but they have just enough mischief in them to keep you guessing and laughing.  They are all creative and independent, sometimes a dangerous combination.
  • I know I am a Child of God.  I know that He loves me, hears and answers my prayers and that He has a plan for me.  This guides my life everyday in everything I do and I am so thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers