Thursday, October 07, 2010

Statistics

"Like other occult techniques of divination, the statistical method has a private jargon deliberately contrived to obscure its methods from non-practitioners."
--G.O. Ashley

I really like this class but it is not an easy one.  I'm just getting into correlation and regression and trying to memorize all my intercept and slope formulas.  I seriously doubt I will use all of what I am learning in "real life" but I know I will use some it.

Today I will attempt to complete four lessons.  I am falling a  little behind my schedule and need to catch up.  Next week is my midterm.  I know--already!

I don't have a scientific calculator with statistical functions on it so I downloaded an app onto my new phone that does the job for me (I LOVE my new phone!!).  The app is called QuickStat Premium by John Tsau and only cost me $1.43--much better than the $100 or so I would have had to spend on a new calculator. So far it does everything I need for the class.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave and SMART. I only took one trimester of trigonometry in high school and it felt like that class lasted a billion years. It was hard and I didn't get it. Math still scares me. I am glad you are doing it well though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers