Friday, October 15, 2010

Of Things that Matter Most

My stress levels have been pretty high lately as I am getting used to the new year's school schedule with all the sports and activities, trying to complete my degree, and trying to keep up with the demands of family, church and community service.  As I have chatted with friends and family I have found I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed.  In the past few weeks I don't think I have talked to anyone that hasn't felt the same way. It seems almost like there is a thick fog of distress and disillusionment that is sinking down on us.


In the past when I have felt this way I fight back by taking some time for myself with meditation and exercise among other things. But currently I just don't have time for that so in response I have sought relief listening to uplifting music and messages while cleaning and doing other menial tasks that don't require my full attention. It is helping me to focus and calm down.  It hasn't made things perfect but is there really anything that does make life perfect?

For the last couple of days I have been listening to this message over and over.  It has brought me a lot of comfort and has helped me to determine to slow down, simplify and focus on those things that matter most. If you don't have time to listen to the whole thing at least listen to the first 4 minutes. 

 The Speaker, Elder Uchtdorf, was a pilot in the German Airforce and lifelong pilot for a commercial airline.  He likes to weave stories about his flying experience into his talks so listen for it.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE him. I love the sound of his voice, but more importantly, I love the sound of his message. It is well with my soul. Thanks for posting this, Dani. It was great the first time, and it is great any time we take the time to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers