Friday, October 08, 2010

A few changes

Hopefully you've noticed a few changes here on the blog.  I put on a new background updated the colors a bit and have begun adding a double column on the right hand side.  That double column is a work in progress and will eventually include some new fun stuff and some additional ad space. I moved your beautiful faces, my "followers", back up to the top of the column.  I like to see you smiling at me when I log on.  If you're not already over there get over there! It's just a couple clicks.

Yes you heard right, "ad space",  I'm trying to make money off you. Actually I've already made money off of you.  In the past 2 years or so of running the blog I've gotten way over 20,000 unique visits and have made a little over $20.{I know, WOW! that's almost enough to go out to a movie. But you know what that's $20 I didn't have before. If you guys would actually click the ads I might get enough to go out to DQ for Blizzards after the movie too--I'll see if I can get some more interesting ads.} Twenty thousand hits is a decent number for a small time blog like mine but it is still a small time readership and won't really make any real money. And that doesn't bother me. I don't know that I want to put the work in that would be required to actually make a lot of money blogging I like things just the way they are.

If you are a longtime fan will also notice that I have removed a few items from the sidebar most notably my Playlist. To be quite honest the list was getting a bit outdated. They were, and are, my favorite songs but I was getting tired of hearing them all the time so I'm sure you were too.  I haven't really had time to add any new songs to the list in the last 4 months or so and that was bothering me too. Also, I really didn't like that I couldn't get the radio edit versions to some of my most favorite songs and my kids were starting to listen to the playlist regularly. I don't want them hearing the non-radio edit stuff and thinking it is OK because it is on mom's playlist.  Ahh, the joys of motherhood--always being a good example.

Lastly, just for fun clear down on the bottom of the page you will see that I have added some pets.  Goldfish! I like these guys even more than my chickens and you know how much I love those ladies.  These cute little goldfish will swim all day and chase my mouse cursor when I put it in their bowl. The best thing about them though is that I don't have to feed them or clean out their bowl.

Hope you enjoy the new digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers