Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shopping List and Menu 9/28/2010

Here's my weekly shopping list in which I use the grocery ads and coupons to feed my family of 6 for under $60 each week. To learn more about how you can save money at the grocery store read my Grocery Shopping 101 series of posts. This list is specific to Puget Sound area stores and sales.

Shopping List
* with in-ad coupon
**at this price when minimum purchase requirements are met. see store ad for details

Fred Meyer
4 gallons of milk $11.60
4# broccoli crowns 58 cents/lb
* 10 Langers Apple Juice 10/$10 limit 10
3# Beef Cross Rib Roast $1.99/lb
2 Fresh Express Salads 2/$3
*Nabisco Snack Crackers 3/$5
*2 2# Medium Cheddar $3.99 ea
1 green pepper 50cents
a few 2 liters of soda--don't know how many until I see how much-- $5 worth
shampoo for me--approximate $5--haven't seen my brand on sale for a while and just ran out of my stockpile :(
Fred Meyer Total $56.50

Menu
This is what we are going to have on the menu using the groceries I purchased this week and the stockpile in my pantry and freezer from previous weeks and months of $60 shopping lists. Remember that one of my New Year's goals is to serve a meatless meal once a week, and we have three theme nights per week: Taco Tuesday, Pizza Friday, and Breakfast for dinner on Sundays.

Tuesday-Taco Tuesday! hard shell beef tacos with all the fixin's
Wednesday-Broccoli beef and rice

Thursday- Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Friday-Pizza night! Hawaiian, Sausage and olives
Saturday- Potato Boats
Sunday-Breakfast for dinner! Crepes
Monday- Toscano Soup, Salad and Breadsticks

3 comments:

  1. First of all, you should know I religiously check out your shopping lists. It's helpful to see how you use your coupons and what good deals are out there! Thanks for sharing!

    Also, Target has a double pack of Suave. It's a shampoo/conditioner for $3. I love Suave, but some people don't. Just lettin' you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw that suave too. My daughter uses Suave on her hair. You can get a $1 off coupon at this link--https://secure.suave.com/haircare-coupon-1off2Prof-2010--(cut and paste in a new browser tab) and a 50 cent off target coupon at this link--http://gan.doubleclick.net/gan_click?lid=41000000029606694&pubid=21000000000237706--(again cut and paste. PS this one expires on the 30th!!) Now you'll only have to pay $1.50 for your two bottles!! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? I didn't know that :) That is exactly why I love your shopping posts (and of course your other posts as well!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers