Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Shopping List and Menu 9/1/10

Here's my weekly shopping list in which I use the grocery ads and coupons to feed my family of 6 for under $60 each week. To learn more about how you can save money at the grocery store read my Grocery Shopping 101 series of posts. This list is specific to Puget Sound area stores and sales.

Shopping List
* with in-ad coupon
**at this price when minimum purchase requirements are met. see store ad for details

Albertsons
transaction #1
**5 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip $1 ea
total $5 and a $5 off my next purchase coupon


transaction #2

**5 8 oz. tubs of Cool Whip $1 ea
total $5 and a $5 off my next purchase coupon

transaction #3

**2 16oz Oscar Mayer Wieners 2/$3
**3 Capri Sun Juice Drink packs $1.99 ea
total $9 and a $5 off my next purchase coupon


transaction #4
**5 Capri Sun Juice Drink packs $1.99 ea
total $10 and a $5 off my next purchase coupon


transaction #5
**4 Kellogg's 17 oz Frosted Flakes $2.49-$1 manuf coupon
**4 Kellogg's 12 oz Rice Krispies $2.49-$1 manuf coupon-$1 manuf coupon
**2 Kellogg's Mini Wheats 18 oz $2.49-$1 manuf coupon
-$20 in coupons from transactions 1-4
total $.90 and a $10 off my next purchase coupon


transaction #6
*5 ears of Corn 5/$1
1 cantaloupe 99 cents/ea
4 Right guard antiperspirant $1 ea-$1.50/2 manuf coupons
**10 Gatorade 32 oz sports drinks $1 ea - $3 manuf coupons
**10 propel fitness water 710ml FREE with purchase of Gatorade
-$10 coupon from transaction 5
total $.10 (tax)Albertsons Total $30

Fred Meyer
#3 grapes 87 cents/lb
5# beef back ribs $1.49/lb
*3# Fred Meyer butter 3/$5
2# Bartlett pears 98 cents/lb
Fred Meyer Total $17.00


Grand Total $48.50


I haven't been spending my whole grocery budget of late with all our vactioning--I've been pulling what we needed from the freezer and pantry with only a few items here and there, as needed, being purchased--so this week I will be taking a trip to Costco to load up on a few essentials that we are running low on such as cooking oil, milk, bananas, mozzarella cheese, tuna fish, flour, tortillas, etc. All the stuff that is cheaper at Costco.


Menu
This is what we are going to have on the menu using the groceries I purchased this week and the stockpile in my pantry and freezer from previous weeks and months of $60 shopping lists. Remember that one of my New Year's goals is to serve a meatless meal once a week, and we have three theme nights per week: Taco Tuesday, Pizza Friday, and Breakfast for dinner on Sundays.

Wednesday- Cheesy Zucchini pasta bake, salad with fresh greens and tomatoes from the garden, artisan bread
Thursday- Hot Dogs, Tater Tots, Corn on the cob, grapes
Friday-Pizza night!
Saturday- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches w/ sliced garden tomatoes on the side, freshly picked blackberry cobbler and homemade ice cream for dessert
Sunday-Breakfast for dinner! Crepes

Monday-BBQ Ribs, macaroni salad, biscuits, fresh green beans from the garden
Tuesday-Taco Tuesday! bean and cheese burritos, mexican rice, salad

1 comment:

  1. Just got back from Costco. Spent $62.00.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers