Just a few more days left of September and I'm not feeling so bad anymore and much of that I owe to some very good friends who have helped me out this month
- The first week of September I received hand me downs from my sister-in-law Kris, from my friend Jodi and from another friend, Mark. My schedule had been so crazy I hadn't made time to go school shopping for the kids. They didn't complain but I kinda felt bad that they didn't have anything new for the first day. Thanks to these three friends all my kids ended up with new (to them) school clothes. Thank you!
- The second week of September I received a new (to me) mailbox from my friend Lisa to replace the one that Dave had run over. For two weeks we had had our old one held together by bungee cords and strapped onto a saw horse just so the mailman would still deliver our mail. The new box looks fantastic. Thank you!
- The third week of September I received several deliveries of produce from friends whose gardens had been abundant this year. Sharon B left me two bags of apples, Erin R brought me a bag full of zucchini and cucumbers, Geneva gave me 6 bags of pears, my mom gave me a ziploc full of pattypan squash and a different Sharon B presented me with an armload of tomatoes. Thank you!
- The third week of September I also received 4 new chickens from my friend Sheena's friend who is moving. Yes 4 FREE chickens!! They are beautiful and productive and came with food and cool accessories like a mobile coop, heat lamp, a gravity watering bowl, and a few feeding trays. It is nice to have lots of eggs but we did find out that there is such a thing as too much good stuff. We ended up giving two of the chickens to my friend Bobbie. I'll post pics another time. Thank you!
- This last week of September my hubby presented me with a very early birthday present, a new EVO Sprint android phone. It is so handy. Through it I have access to all my calendars, task lists, online classes, contact info, email, messaging and more. It is already helping me to be more productive while on the go and helps me feel more on top of things (I hope this isn't a false sense of security). I love my new phone! Thank you!
- Yesterday my mom presented me with dinner. Every Wednesday from yesterday through my finals in November she will bring our family a fully prepared hot meal. Wednesdays are my craziest day of the week and this will give me one less thing to do and a little more time to work on my classes. Last night she brought over Lasagna, cooked summer squash, bread and cupcakes. She even loaded my dishwasher and sanitized my counter and sinks before she left. Thank you!
- I have many other things to be thankful for too. My kids all have great teachers who are teaching them great organizational skills, My garden is still producing raspberries, blackberries, green beans, and yellow pear tomatoes, I haven't had any new car troubles this month, the vacant house across the street went up for sale, and I could go on and on.
Thank you! I really needed this month.