Monday, June 07, 2010

A great weekend past, a great week ahead

It was finally sunny this weekend!  I worked out in my garden all day on Saturday.  I need at least another three days like that to whip this place into shape but I did get a lot done.  I concentrated on the areas right outside my kitchen window.  I pulled weeds, raked, moved a few plants, etc.  I feel much better now when I look out my window--I almost forget there is a whole 3/4 of a yard left that needs my attention.

Saturday night we went to Iron Man 2. I wasn't too excited about going to it (I really wanted to see Robin Hood) but everyone else wanted to see it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Good Movie.

Sunday night we had a small group over for a Seafood Feast! The menu was:
Home Baked Artisan Bread--from the recipe book Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day
Caesar Salad
Rice Pilaf
Northwest Razor Clam Cakes --caught by Dave & the boys
Bacon Wrapped Scallops--courtesy of Bill and Pam
Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbequed Shrimp
Dessert--Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting a la mode

It was a very yummy dinner and we had a great time visiting with friends.  This was the first time we'd used the Shrimp recipe and they were fantastic! Even I liked them. Here's the recipe:

Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecued Shrimp
4 T butter, melted
1 t Tabasco sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t finely chopped fresh parsley
a few pieces of fresh rosemary
12 extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
1 lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a shallow baking dish, combine the melted butter, Tabasco sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, rosemary, and shrimp.  Stir until evenly combined. Place the shrimp next to one another in the bottom of the dish and bake for about 8 minutes.  Immediately change the oven setting to broil and cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes more, until hot and bubbly.  Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the shrimp and serve.

This week should be a good one, not too much to do.  This week:

  • I'll take the parakeet to Cora's class for show and tell
  • Heath goes on a field trip to a baseball game and to Snake Lake Nature Center
  • There is a half day of school on Wednesday!!
  • Heath's final band concert of the year
  • Relief Society "Campout"
  • Cora has a field trip to the Olympia Children's Museum
  • Kirkham's birthday is Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers