Monday, May 17, 2010

Garden Tour

Last Tuesday night I had the opportunity to tour a lovely new garden belonging to a friend.  His garden is just one year old and it is breathtaking, inspiring and a cultural experience.  Before last year he spent 5 years in China and has interwoven many of the artifacts he brought home into his garden.

This gate, for instance, was brought home from China. It used to belong to a monastery.  I think he said that these gates are over 200 years old!

Buddhist Prayer Rolls. And, check out the dragon underneath.  Very Cool! I especially like all the fuzzy chartreuse moss surrounding him.






This Yurt is built out over the creek.  What a great retreat!  Wouldn't you love to fall asleep every night listening to the babbling creek below you.
These are not Chinese artifacts but they are lovely garden elements: a winding path to the house and a Dove Cote patterned after an old church tower.

And now, my four favorite plant pics from the garden.  Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I drive by that garden gate all the time and I had no idea that was their house! Funny, because I have noticed a lot of changes over the past year just on the outside of the gate. I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see the other side. Maybe they'll do it again sometime, because the pictures are so stunning, I can only imagine what it must look like in real life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers