Thursday, March 11, 2010

Map Fun

I'm thinking a lot about this summer's cross country trip. I'm checking out maps, plotting routes and trying to determine our exact destinations. I've spent quite a bit of my free time reading up on all the National parks that are along the way and looking for fun points through the long stretches of Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. I'm getting it ready now so that my kids will have plenty of time to do their own research and get really excited.

Already they are looking at maps of the US tracing our course and trying to remember all the states that we'll go through. On Tuesday I received an email from a friend with a link to this super-fun map. Both the kids and I got a big kick out of it.

The email read:
"My sister sent this to me today. Aside from being fun for us (wink), I thought this might be a good tool for our kids as they are learning the states this year.

Were you a good Geography student? Let's see what you can remember. It's fun and a bit of a brain teaser!

http://jimspages.com:80/States.htm"


I had a lot of fun with this and my average the first time round was 83% with a time of 411 seconds. My kids didn't do so good but their gradually improving. By July they should know it like the back of their hand! Try your hand at it! Simply click on the state at the top and drag and drop it in it's appropriate spot on the map. Good Luck!

Thank you Mary Jo Castillo for the great link!

2 comments:

  1. Wait, did you put the link in the post? I couldn't find a link anywhere, and I really wanted to try the state game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my 4th grade geography! Good to know some of that stuck! 94%, avg error-15 miles, 300 sec. Aw yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers