Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Third week of March 2010

Here's my weekly shopping list in which I use the grocery ads and coupons to feed my family of 6 for under $60 each week. To learn more about how you can save money at the grocery store read my Grocery Shopping 101 series of posts. This list is specific to Puget Sound area stores and sales.

Shopping List
* with in-ad coupon
**at this price when minimum purchase requirements are met. see store ad for details

Albertson's
Transaction #1
6 Post Cereals, select varieties $1.59 ea -$3 manuf coupons-$3 double coupons
12 honey nut Cheerios, Kix, or Reese's Puffs $2.49 ea-$4 manuf coupons ($2.49 ea is NOT a good price at all! BUT for every 4 you purchase you get $4.50 in free milk. So, I spend $10 on 4 boxes of cereal, get $4.50 back for milk, which means I spent $5.50 for 4 boxes=$1.12/box. I also have manuf coupons to take that price even lower!)
estimated total $29.60-$4 coupon from last shopping trip
Receive 3 coupons for FREE milk ($4.50 each coupon=$13.50 total) I'll use two of these today and save the other one for next week.

Transaction #2
6 Post Cereals, select varieties $1.59 ea-$3 manuf coupons-$3 double coupons
4 gallons milk -$9 in coupons from transaction #1
estimated total $3.60

Estimated Albertsons Grand Total $29.20
This much cereal should last me a good long while!

Fred Meyer

has great prices on carrots, potatoes, cabbage and oranges. I've got plenty of these already so I'm going to skip Freddy's this week.

Walgreens
Transaction #1
1 Colgate Total Advanced $3.99-$1 manuf coupon (receive $3.99 coupon at register off next purchase)
estimated total $3.40

Transaction #2
4 NyQuil 20 ct packs $5 each-$1.50 manuf coupon each (receive $10 coupon at register off next purchase when you buy $20 worth)
1 Puffs tissues FREE with purchase of Nyquil manuf coupon
estimated total $15.40-$10 walgreens cash card from last visit-$3.99 coupon from transaction #1= $1.41

Transaction #3
2 Sudafed PE $4.99-$2 manuf coupon each (receive $5 coupon at register off next purchase when you buy 2)
*4 Gold Medal Flour, limit 4, $1.50 ea - 75 cent manuf coupon each
*Royal Gelatin, limit 5, 20 cents each
estimated total $11-$10 coupon from transaction #2=$1

Transaction #4
2 Tylenol Cold/Allergy $4.99-$3 manuf coupon each (receive $5 coupon at register off next purchase when you buy 2)
estimated total $5-$5 coupon from transaction #3=$0!!!!

Estimated Walgreens Grand Total $5.80 PLUS I have a $5 coupon for my next visit!!

Estimated Grand Total for this weeks Groceries $35

There aren't a lot of great prices out there this week so I will use the rest of my $60 next week.

Menu
This is what we are going to have on the menu using the groceries I purchased this week and the stockpile in my pantry and freezer from previous weeks and months of $60 shopping lists. Remember that one of my New Year's goals is to serve a meatless meal once a week, and we have three theme nights per week: Taco Tuesday, Pizza Friday, and Breakfast for dinner on Sundays.

Wednesday- Leftovers for the kids, I have a Tea Party to attend and Dave is in classes
Thursday-St Patty's dinner a day late--Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, fresh baked soda bread
Friday-Pizza night!
Saturday-Reuben Sandwiches, French Fries, Salad
Sunday-Breakfast for dinner! French Toast
Monday-Clam Fritters, Spring Mix Salad, Bread
Tuesday-Fish Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers