Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chocolate No-bake cookies

Don't you hate it when you get a real craving for a goody and can't find the recipe?! That's what happened to me this week when a got a hankerin' -somethin'-serious for these cookies. I tore through my recipe box, flipped through my recipe books and checked behind my microwave and inside my cupboards searching for the loose leaf, grease stained, blue lined paper half sheet that holds the recipe. Needless to say I was quite frustrated when my search results were nill.

I got the recipe from my mom. She used to make them all the time when I was a kid. It was then that they became my most favorite of all favorites (except ice cream, of course). I could eat a whole batch by myself (still can). I would eat them until they made me sick (still do sometimes)! I gave her a call and asked for the recipe, again.

She spent the next 10 minutes tearing through her recipe box, fliping through recipe books and checking inside drawers and on the back of shelves for the orange index card that holds her recipe. Thankfully she found it.

Now that it is on the blog I will never have to worry about losing it again! These cookies are made on the stove top and contain no eggs or flour, are quick to put together and are delicious!

Chocolate no-bake cookies

In a large sauce pan melt:
1/2 cup butter or margerine (1 stick)
Add and combine:
2 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
Bring to boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add:
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
Stir to thoroughly combine until smooth. Stir in:
3 cups quick oats
Drop by spoonfulls onto waxpaper or aluminum foil. Allow to cool. Enjoy! Extras can be kept fresh for a long time in the freezer (as if there are going to be extras!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dani,

    My Mom changed the recipee a little bit and I think they come out better. She does 1/4 C cocoa and peanut butter, only 2 cups of oats, and boils it for 2 minutes instead of 1. Your post made me want cookies so bad I made my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers