Monday, February 15, 2010

Questions and Answers: Maple Syrup

A comment I received after bragging about my sisters delicious maple syrup:
Hi Dani,

How 'bout posting the recipe for her syrup?? Pretty please! Is it the thick kind or the thinner kind? I love both.

AM
My email to my sister:
Hey Dacia,
Could I get your syrup recipe and post it to my blog OR would you post it on your blog so I can link to it. Thanks
Dani

Dacia's email back to me:
Umm... yeah, it's really too simple and I'm not sure if I can really take credit, it's just the recipe that came from the side of the box of maple flavoring.

Maple Syrup

2 Cups sugar
1 Cup water
1/2 t maple extract/flavoring

boil water, remove from heat and add sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved, then add maple extract. Serve! This syrup is thinner when served warm, but thickens as it cools.

I have seen a similar one that uses Karo syrup, but can't find it right now. The recipe above is the one that I use all the time and can't buy syrup now-- it's just not right-- This syrup tastes too good! Same with the pancakes, once I started making them from scratch, anything else just wasn't good enough. Spoiled? Maybe. Refined taste? I guess. But really, it's super cheap and delicious. How could it get any better?

Love ya!

BTW, my ward is doing a coupon class next week. And apparently the RS pres is a MAJOR couponer... she gave me the insights to shopping around here. And, Wal-Mart is by far the cheapest place to buy milk. Everywhere else is well over $3, even Sams club! But Publix is REALLY nice and they double coupons! And they have a sushi bar inside and the best smelling bakery. Thought you'd love to hear all that! My RS pres brought me 7 newpapers, then said that the sister that gave them to her for me has more from this week. They really like coupons here. I think you should move! You'd fit right in! Chickens and all! :)
Thank you Dacia for the recipe and the update. Both are soooo tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers