Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The first shopping list and menu of 2010!

Shopping List
Is your New Year's resolution to save money? Maybe I can help. Here's my weekly shopping list in which I use the grocery ads and coupons to feed my family of 6 for under $60 each week. To learn more about how you can save money at the grocery store read my Grocery Shopping 101 series of posts. This list is specific to Puget Sound area stores and sales.

Fred Meyer
2 Fresh Express salad kits 5/$5 -55 cent printable coupon
*10 Fred Meyer brand Peanut Butter or Preserves 18 oz 10/$10 limit 10
*10 Fred Meyer brand canned beans or tomatoes 2/$1 limit 10
estimated total $21.45

Saar's Marketplace
* 5 dozen eggs $4.99
*7# Navel oranges 38 cents/lb
*8 Grapefruit 8/$2
*1# Roma Tomatoes 68 cents/lb
*2 5# bags apples 2/$5
*8 Yoplait Yogurt 10/$4 -50 cents off 8 manufacturer coupon
estimated total $18.10

Albertson's
*2 whole fryer chickens 69 cents/lb limit 2
*6 skippy Peanut Butter 99 cents each limit 6 -$1 in manuf. coupons
**6 Cheerios or Cinnamon Toast Crunch $1.88 each -$2 in manuf. coupons
**2 Fruit Gushers $1.88 each -50 cents in manuf. coupons
**2 Nut Clusters $2.49 ea - $1 in manuf. coupons
**-$5 with purchase of $20 of specially marked items (see back page of ad for details)
-$2.50 in double coupons
estimated total $20.02

Estimated grand total $59.57

* with in-ad store coupon

Menu
This is what we are going to have on the menu using this $60 worth of groceries and the stockpile in my pantry and freezer from previous weeks and months of $60 shopping lists. Remember that one of my New Year's goals is to serve a vegetarian meal once a week (not vegan--yet!).
Wednesday--Vegetable tempura (onion, sweet potato, potato, carrot, etc) & sticky rice
Thursday--Clam Chowder and sourdough bread with a side salad
Friday--Pizza Night!
Saturday--Party for Dacia I'm bringing a cheeseball and crackers and pigs in a blanket for the kids (I know, doesn't that sound oh-so 80's!)
Sunday--Dinner at Grandmas!
Monday--French Roasted Chicken and vegetables with Salad and artisan bread
Tuesday--Taco Tuesday: Chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice and salad
Wednesday--Chicken tortilla soup, bread and side salad

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you knew if all of these sales work in Idaho or if it's just in Washington? These are great thanks for going through all that effort and time and then putting on your blog for all of us to enjoy too! my new blog address is wwwforeverisland.blogspot.com no dot after the three w's or email me at busymommyidaho@aol.com and let me know if you know the answer to my question? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennece, I did a little research and it looks like the Albertsons sales are good in all of Washington, Idaho and parts of Utah, The Fred Meyer sales are also good in all of Washington and Idaho and in parts of Oregon. Saar's Marketplace is only a Western Washington store but the prices are the same at all locations.

    One way to find out if your local sales are the same as mine is by visiting the store website and checking out their weekly ads for your zip code. Then compare them to the weedly ads in my zipcode 98498. If the ad looks the same (all you need to compare is the front page) then you can use the same lists I'm using!

    If you find that your sales are different be sure to do some quick and easy research of your own using "my fav money saving links" in the top left hand corner of this blog page. A full cup, Pinching your pennies, and Grocery smarts have great resources for shoppers throughout the Pacific Northwest and the country. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers