Friday, January 08, 2010

Clamcakes

Has all this talk of seafood this week made you hungry? Yes, I know Andrea, it is making you sick--I promise this is the last I will speak of seafood for a while! :) but for the rest of you who enjoy the occasional seafood snack here is a very easy and very yummy clam recipe. I made this for the fam + both sets of grandparents on Monday night to rave reviews. Dave liked his with a little tartar sauce. I liked it with some guacamole and salsa. Heath and Kirkham preferred it straight up!
A big thanks to cousin Renee for her recipe and her over the phone kitchen coaching Monday night. I look forward to testing more of her tried and true recipes in the future.

Renee's Clamcakes (AKA Clam fritters)

5 Razor clams ground or finely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1 t Johnny's seafood seasoning (or salt, pepper, garlic to taste)

In a bowl thoroughly combine ingredients. Should be the consistency of a thick pancake batter--add more flour if necessary. Allow to sit about 10 minutes so flour can be fully absorbed. Preheat a skillet to medium heat, generously brushed with olive oil. Spoon batter onto skillet 2-3 Tablespoons per cake. Cook until golden brown about 90 seconds per side. Serve immediately. Makes 8-12 cakes.
__________________________
My clam series: Clamcakes, Cleaning Clams, Make your own Clam Gun, The family goes Clamming

1 comment:

  1. This is a WONDERFUL recipe....although not for reasons that would think. The reason why this is an awesome recipe is because of a certain wonderful, awesome and absolutely necessary ingredient....That's right...Johnny's seasoning salt. I brought some with me last year when I went to visit Brazil and they LOVED it. My Mother even sent some to me when I was in the Navy sailing the Pacific Ocean for months at a time. This is how much I love Johnny's...in any form

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers