Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Blender Wheat Bread #2

After a few months of having my sourdough starter on the counter all the time I got sick of taking care of it and threw it out. I can start a new one any time I want so no big deal, right?! Right, except that it was a key ingredient in my Blender Wheat Bread. So, I just changed the recipe.

Here is the new and improved recipe for blender wheat bread. This is a great way to incorporate more fiber into your diet using whole wheat without the expense of a wheat grinder (which I don't have). This is the recipe I used to make bread rolls for Thanksgiving dinner.

Blender Wheat Bread #2

In your blender on medium speed for 3 minutes blend:
2 cups wheat
2 cups water

Add to blender and blend for 2 more minutes
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
2 T honey
2 T molasses

In your KitchenAid mixer bowl layer:
7 cups bread flour
1 T salt
1T yeast
1/4 cup sugar

Pour wheat mixture from blender over dry ingredients in KitchenAid bowl. Attach bread hook. Turn the machine onto speed 2 and allow to mix/knead for 10 minutes or until dough forms a smooth and elastic ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise to double, about 1 1/2 hours.

Form into loaves or rolls and place in a lightly greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise to double, about 45 minutes.

Slash top of dough if desired and place in a preheated 375 degree oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a baking sheet for at least 20 minutes before slicing bread. Wrap in a bread bag for storage. Excellent for sandwiches, toast, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers