Saturday, November 07, 2009

I can forgo chocolate

"I have found that I can forgo chocolate bars, restaurant food, acrylic fingernails, and costume jewelry if, instead, I am going to get a new dinner table that will delight our family for years to come. Sacrificing and saving for something ensures that it is worth having and caring for. Buying impulsively, however, clutters your life with things that don't mean anything after a short time--things you end up giving away or selling at a garage sale. Children benefit from saving for what they want. It is easier for them to resist fads and fashions if they have to sacrifice."

--Kay Przybille
"Stretching Your Dollars"
Ensign, Jun 2009, pg 37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers