Thursday, November 05, 2009

11/4-11/10 Menu Plan

First and foremost I must let me sister Dacia know that I indeed did use the one small leftover steak from my birthday dinner to make dinner for the whole family last night! She was teasing me about it on Sunday and I don't think leftovers are a laughing matter.

To make my leftover steak soup this is what I did:
In a pot on the stove warm 2 T olive oil. Dice 1/2 onion and simmer in the oil. Chop 5 red potatoes, skins on, into bite size pieces and add to onion in pot, stir. Peel and Chop 2 big carrots and add to pot, stir. Chop one stick of celery and add to pot, stir. Cut the steak into approx 1/3" cubes and add to pot, stir. Add 8 cups water, 6 T of your favorite bouillon (Or "Better than Bouillon"). Bring to boil, turn down heat and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes. Season to taste. Enjoy with fresh baked bread and a garden salad.
I am sticking my tongue out at you Dacia!

This week's menu:
Thursday- Busy night--Freezer meals
Friday- Pizza Night!
Saturday-French Roast Chicken (in a crock pot) with vegetables and salad
Sunday- Dutch Babies (German Pancake), fruit compote, sausage
Monday-BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, coleslaw, pasta salad
Tuesday-Taco Night Chicken Tostadas
Wednesday-Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, Sauteed vegetables, breadsticks and salad
Thursday- Heath cooks dinner-Pinwheels and gravy

1 comment:

  1. Yay for posting you menus. I always look forward to them. They are great inspirations for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers