Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Video fun

Alli, I know you are a video junkie, I dedicate this to you. :)

Here is a very interesting video that my hubby had me watch the other night. Pay close attention and follow the speakers instructions; there's a lesson in this!



How'd you do? How many did you count? 18 for me. Did you spot the "something funny" in there the first time around? Not me! I was totally blind to that big gorilla and it really shocked me that I could miss something so big, funny and obviously there!

Somehow that video really caught my attention and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I kept wondering if I did this in everyday life too; my dad has always teased that once I start something there's no stopping me and my hubby has more than once accused me of having blinders on (you know like a horse where all they can see is their goal and all else is lost to the sides in the blinders). Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not.

Times when it is good: I am very project oriented so anytime I get working on a project like developing a great bread recipe or running a school fundraiser or hosting a big event I have a hard time stopping.

Times when it is bad: I am very project oriented so anytime I get working on a project like developing a great bread recipe or running a school fundraiser or hosting a big event I have a hard time stopping.

Yep, all else gets lost to the sides of my blinders and I don't see the unfinished tasks lying at my feet, forget to make dinner or do laundry, don't take the time I should watching and appreciating the kids. I don't see the gorillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers