Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby Steps and back to blessings

Just to prove to you how good I am doing at these baby steps I thought I'd fill you in on a whole week of Fly Lady fun. Monday I "Blessed my House" , Tuesday was "Desk Day", Wednesday I ran errands, yesteray I was catching-up today I get back to blessings.

At the beginning of the week I blessed my house by doing extra chores like vacuuming, dusting, window washing, etc., etc., etc. At the end I do it again.
Today is Friday, the end of the week or the beginning of the weekend, and whichever way you like to look at it it is time to once again give the house a good once over.

First, I complete my Daily Morning Routine:
  • Dishes into dishwasher, shine sink, wipe counter tops, sweep
  • Start a load of laundry
  • Walk through house collecting misplaced items and relocating to their proper stations
  • Tidy and wipe bathrooms, checking soap, towel and TP levels, replacing as needed
Then I will go through the same House Blessing routine that I completed on Monday with an alteration. Can you figure out what it is without checking back to Monday?
  • Dust horizontal surfaces
  • Wipe mirrors, windows, appliance fronts and tops, doorknobs and lightswitches
  • Vacuum all carpeted areas and bathrooms (easier to vacuum hair than to sweep it)
  • Antibacterial wipe down of all bathroom surfaces including the outside and backside of toilet (I hate this part).
  • Mop kitchen and bathroom
  • Change my sheets
  • Kids rooms and sheets
As part of the routine, kinda, I include kids bedrooms. NO! I do NOT clean my kids bedrooms. NO WAY! They made those messes they have to clean them up or live with them. The routine includes telling the kids to clean their bedrooms. The kids would probably say telling = "making" or "forcing". I don't care what they call it so long as they get the rooms clean.

I include this as part of the routine for several reasons. First, their rooms are dirty from a week full of activities and homework. Second, their bedding needs to be changed weekly to eliminate allergens. Third, no homework on Friday's means there's time do the work. And lastly, and personally I think most importantly, they need to develop routines and responsibility for their own environments.

Now, I know some moms want a good clean room every night or morning but I honestly don't care that much, once a week is good enough for me. They know the drill, they're learning personal care skills and they're being responsible for their own beds and laundry--I'm happy and ready for a great weekend!

See you Monday!
___________________________________
Read the whole series on my Fly Lady fun. Monday I "Blessed my House" , Tuesday is "Desk Day", Wednesday I ran errands, Thursday is catching-up day and Friday I get back to blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I also do a good job of picking up the house on Fridays ( when the daycare children are cooperative and all take a nap at the same time). I hate to start a weekend with a messy home. I can't have any fun if I know that my home is gross. We also, as a family, do a "15" right before bed. We do this before prayers and stuff. Everyone does 15 minutes of picking up, cleaning up, etc. It makes the mornings a BAZILLION times easier because everything is in its place. I also make the kiddos make their lunches and shower the night before. Anyway....that is what works for me. Good job Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, you ROCK! I aspire to be you. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers