At the beginning of the week I blessed my house by doing extra chores like vacuuming, dusting, window washing, etc., etc., etc. At the end I do it again. Today is Friday, the end of the week or the beginning of the weekend, and whichever way you like to look at it it is time to once again give the house a good once over.
First, I complete my Daily Morning Routine:
- Dishes into dishwasher, shine sink, wipe counter tops, sweep
- Start a load of laundry
- Walk through house collecting misplaced items and relocating to their proper stations
- Tidy and wipe bathrooms, checking soap, towel and TP levels, replacing as needed
- Dust horizontal surfaces
- Wipe mirrors, windows, appliance fronts and tops, doorknobs and lightswitches
- Vacuum all carpeted areas and bathrooms (easier to vacuum hair than to sweep it)
- Antibacterial wipe down of all bathroom surfaces including the outside and backside of toilet (I hate this part).
- Mop kitchen and bathroom
- Change my sheets
- Kids rooms and sheets
I include this as part of the routine for several reasons. First, their rooms are dirty from a week full of activities and homework. Second, their bedding needs to be changed weekly to eliminate allergens. Third, no homework on Friday's means there's time do the work. And lastly, and personally I think most importantly, they need to develop routines and responsibility for their own environments.
Now, I know some moms want a good clean room every night or morning but I honestly don't care that much, once a week is good enough for me. They know the drill, they're learning personal care skills and they're being responsible for their own beds and laundry--I'm happy and ready for a great weekend!
See you Monday!
Read the whole series on my Fly Lady fun. Monday I "Blessed my House" , Tuesday is "Desk Day", Wednesday I ran errands, Thursday is catching-up day and Friday I get back to blessings.