Monday, October 26, 2009

6 more days!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It's not the dressing up or the late night or even the scads of chocolate; I like Halloween because the day after is my birthday! Six more days until my birthday!

This year I will be a great big, grand ole 35 years old. Now that I am about to be 35 I guess it is time to grow up and realize I am no longer a girl. Wow, that is really hard for me to say, "I am a wo...wo....woman". Sounds weird, but I'm gonna have to get used to it. Afterall I am a mother of four, my baby is 6, I am a stay-at-home mom, PTA activist, RS counselor, 35 years old and I am a wo....wo...wom.....woman. (Phew, got it out)

Funny how I still feel like I'm 18, carry a lot of the same ideals and fundamental beliefs as I did when I was 19, been doing pretty much the same thing since I was 21. I still catch myself daydreaming about what I want to do when I "grow up". I still enjoy listening to "kid" stations on the radio with cool names like "The End" and "KISS". I still like watching the latest fashion trends.

However, you all know that I am too cheap now to buy the hottest fashions (it's so much easier when it's Daddy's money instead of Hubby's money). And I must admit that I have developed a penchant for talk radio and yes, even the Classical stations. And "grow up" now means "when my children are out of the house", not "when I'm 35".

{Speaking of kids out of the house, did you know I've only got 13 years until the last one is gone, maybe not even that! She'll graduate high school in 12 1/2 years. Oh dear, I'm on the downward slope: been doing this for 13 1/2 and only 12 1/2 left! I have no idea what I'm gonna do when I grow up, that's just not enough time to decide!}

So I bet you're wondering what I want for my birthday; my wishlist. First I shall refer you to one of my very early posts about my relationship with gifts: Bah Humbug! Read it. Second I shall let you in on my well thought out wish list that I presented to Dave:
  • A new camera --duh!
  • My own laptop that must have dual core processor, new windows 7, webcam, and a few other gadgets--I know I'm not gonna get it and might be mad if I do because it would cost so much. I know, ironic huh!
  • A chicken-coop and chickens--it's been on my wishlist for a long time and I don't think this is my lucky year.
Third, I shall let you know about a few other items I would be perfectly satisfied getting as a birthday present though I did not mention them to the hubby:
  • Windshield wipers and new fuel injectors in the Suburban and a tune-up while you're at it.
  • 3 mini pendant lights installed over my kitchen counter/bar
  • The books: Cheesemaking, The busy-persons guide to preserving food and/or Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day
  • A woodstove insert for the downstairs fireplace
  • money I can spend on more landscape plants at Lowe's (landscape plants on discount are like heroine--I'm addicted!)
And last, I shall tell you what I will tell the kids when they ask me what I want for my birthday:
  • Them to stop growing
  • Them to do the laundry
  • Them to not raise their voices for one whole day (really I'd even be happy with a solid hour)
  • A BIG HUG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers