Friday, September 18, 2009

Phew!

A few years ago my good friend, Trina, introduced me to Fly Lady, a house keeping guru for the cleaning impaired such as myself. Her website offers strategies, encouragement and is BIG on baby steps. I have used her ideas and techniques ever since my introduction with outstanding results. That is until I fall off the wagon every summer.

Ok, so now summer is over. I made it through the first full week of school, I made it through the first PTA meeting as Treasurer and acting Secretary and I made it through Fall Enrichment for Relief Society. Now it is back to the regular day to day business of being a homemaker--cleaning.

I know some of you are excellent house keepers with spot free windows, dust free shelves, carpets with vacuum lines and lovely flowery aromatics wafting through to greet any visitor who may drop in. I am not one of you. If you're lucky and visit on a baking day my house will smell like bread but usually it just smells like kids tennis shoes and hair gel (Heath's newest discovery). I did get around to washing windows the other day but that was the first time in months and they're already soiled with fingerprints and kisses (?). There is so much dust on my shelves and piano and every flat surface that I may take up the hobby of dust collecting as an excuse and really, I promise, I vacuum at least once a week but it is really hard to see the carpet through the crumbs and grass and stray papers that wander in, on and with the members of the household.

I haven't even mentioned my paper problem (can mail spontaneously reproduce?), my book problem (reading--good, spreading books on the floor to choose which one to read--not so good), or my shoe problem (with 6 in the family it's tough to avoid). And, of course, I have repeatedly mentioned my laundry problem. Perhaps these reasons are what keeps me so active in PTA and church and household and sewing projects, taking the kids on excursions and activities and waterskiing; they are my excuse for not cleaning properly.

But alas, summer is over, the kids are gone and it is time to get back on the wagon. Flylady here I come.
________________________________
Read the whole series on my Fly Lady fun. Monday I "Blessed my House" , Tuesday is "Desk Day", Wednesday I ran errands, Thursday is catching-up day and Friday I get back to blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I love Fly Lady! I put together a binder, but I don't stick to it. Generally, I do alright. Mostly, I aim for one load of laundry a day, and I use Windex like it's going out of style. Glad I'm not the only one out there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers