Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm getting a little short

For weeks now Heath has been just 1/4 inch shorter than me. It has been driving him CRAZY and therefore he has been driving ME crazy! "I think I'm taller today", "Oh, mom, my nose is above your nose!", "My legs hurt I think I grew". He has had me measure him constantly. He has his brother measure him. He has grampa measure him. He measures himself. But, alas, his mark on the wall wasn't budging, that is until yesterday!

Yes, I am officially no longer the second tallest person in the family. Heath passed me up by a mere eighth of an inch. (An eighth may be meager but it is taller!) He swears it was all the fair rides, especially the Spaceship 3000 and the Gravitron, that helped him along--they stretched him out!

Not only am I short in stature today I am also short on time. You may have noticed my posts being so teensy tiny this week, I apologize, I've been preparing for my first PTA meeting of the year as the new Treasurer and old Secretary AND am preparing for Enrichment night at church.

I don't think I've told you that I am the new Enrichment Counselor in Relief Society. (If you don't know what that is check out our Lake City Sisters Relief Society Blog for a bit more information.) I was called to be the counselor in June and this is the first time my church duties and PTA duties have really collided. And I really mean collided! I have the PTA meeting from 2:45-4:30 and then have to go set up for enrichment at 4:30 which starts at 6:30 and ends at 8:30 but I'll be there for clean-up until about 9pm. COLLISION! I'll be beat but I'll be glad to have it all over and home in bed tonight at 9:30.

I am really excited for Enrichment tonight. We are having a Murder Mystery Dinner that Tessa Ross has really done most of the work on and then Kathy and Jodi (?) are doing the food stuff. I am really the overseer and the set-up-take-down do-er for that. BUT we are also having our sneak peak of Super Saturday tonight too! That is what has been taking up a LOT of time, in fact, I'm not done yet. So, I've gotta run and finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers