Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer Reading Recap

Remember my beginning of the summer reading list? Well I finished it (ok, not the whole Harry Potter series but I'm working on that now) plus a few more:
Growing vegetables west of the cascades, Steve Solomon
The urban homestead, Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen
Dave Ramsey's total money makeover
The first four years, Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S.Lewis

From my original summer reading list I must say that I highly recommend you read three of the books: Animal Vegetable Miracle; Confessions of an organized housewife; the whole Little House of the Prairie series.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle was a very good book, thoroughly enjoyed reading and it made me think a little bit more about what I buy, where I buy it from and why I buy it. It also broadened my view on gardening and some great recipes--I am going to make some mozzarella cheese once the kids go back to school.

Another must read is Confessions of an organized housewife. Loved, loved, loved this book! I am always trying to hone my housekeeping skills and be more efficient at my daily tasks. This book was full of great ideas and ways to do just that! If you are a disorganized housewife like myself you will find this book useful.

Lastly, I have to say that everyone should read Laura Ingalls Wilders Little house on the prairie series. It should be required reading for stay-at-home moms. Think your life sucks? Not compared to life on the Prairie! But oh, she makes it sound so romantic and lovely and enjoyable, but really, aren't you glad that you are a modern day mom! What a great learning experience for me and my kids. We read about a chapter every night and it has taken us close to 6 months(maybe more) to finish the whole series. We laughed, we cried--ok really it was just me crying and kids staring at me like I was nuts-- we loved the series!

2 comments:

  1. Who wrote Confession of an Organized Housewife? I couldn't find it at the library. Is it a new book?
    Could you email me the info at caziertm@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani!(?sp.) This is Gramma Jello. I received that name from my grandchildren and I cherish it. Once when I got out of the hospital, all I could eat was jello-so that is all that was in my frig-so that is how my name began. I am Grandma Peggy's first cousin. I love her to death! This is the first time I have seen your blog, and I love it!! Could you pleaseadd me to your newsletter, or blog or WHATEVER!! I am also on Facebook with Ladd. Hope to hear from you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers