Thursday, July 02, 2009

Puget Sound Summer Freebies Top Ten (#4 & 3)

I love summertime--can't get enough of it--there is just so much to do, especially here in the Pacific Northwest. For that reason I have put together 4 posts full of the top 10 things I am doing and you should do this summer. Of course, to earn the spots at the top of my list they must be cheap, easy and fun.

Check out my #10 & 9 picks
Check out my #8-5 picks

4. Take it all in at the Tacoma Artwalk
The Tacoma Artwalk is a great way to see the local attractions and museums for FREE! It includes the Washington State History Museum, Tacoma Art Museum and the famed Chihuly Museum of Glass (you don't wanna miss it!). The Artwalk is held every Third Thursday. Both the WA State History Museum and the Museum of Glass are free to all visitors from 5-8pm. The Art Museum is free ALL DAY! When you go be sure to park your car at the Tacoma Dome station and catch the downtown light rail, it runs about every 10 minutes. The kids will love the free ride on the train, you'll love the free and no hassle parking.

3. Be inspired at the Chambers Creek Property trails and meadows
With miles of trails, lush open lawns, towering columns and breathtaking views the Chambers Creek Properties are a sight not to be missed, especially at sunset. The sunset is so spectacular there that my kids call the park "The Sunset". Wow, all I can say is don't miss it! If you have a golfer in the family they will appreciate the beautiful links style course that is very, very far from cheap (look but don't touch *grin*).

Check out #2 & #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers