Saturday, July 04, 2009

Birthdays: 2 for 1

We've got two birthdays this week.

My dear sweet Afton is 9 as of Sunday. Afton is my huggable, lovable, super sticky-sweet eldest daughter--and I am being literal when I say sticky. She loves hugs and snuggles, especially from mom and dad but even her big brothers will occasionally get caught in her syrupy spell, she's tough to resist.

Afton doesn't just love people she loves life! She loves school. She loves friends. She loves church. She loves playing violin. She loves participating in sports. She loves trying new things. She loves cooking. She loves helping. She loves reading. About the only thing that I can think of that she doesn't like is hamburgers (but I think that's just a phase).

Heath, my oldest child, is 13 tomorrow. 13! {How did that happen, that must make me like---OMGoodness, I'm 34! Wow, that was fast.} Heath has grown into a valiant, hardworking, determined, outspoken, handsome (if I do say so myself) young man. He is an avid Boy Scout, a swimmer and waterpolo player, a talented musician and a very good student.

In his spare time he enjoys reading, waterskiing and hanging out with friends. He aspires to attend one of the military academies and hopes to be a bugler for them. I am very proud of him and know he will be able to do anything he sets his mind to.

I love you my two kiddos. Happy, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers