Thursday, June 18, 2009

The *#@%!& KitchenAid is Dead

Excuse my french but I am really, REALLY upset about this. That is the 2nd KitchenAid to break down on me in 7 months time. The first was 13 years old and kinda had a good excuse, it was 13 years old and had been put to work like a horse on a daily basis. But this one, only 7 months old, brand SPANKING new, and dies.

I'm so mad I could, I could-----SPIT!
I'M MAD!

The KA started seizing up the other day in the middle of a batch of bread. I thought maybe my dough had been too stiff so I let the machine rest for a day. I made cookies the next day, chocolate chip. Seized up just as I put the chips in. OK, I know that wasn't too stiff a dough but maybe, just maybe I could eak a bit more out of the beast, at least the cinnamon rolls for the teachers gifts. But no--NO--it wouldn't even go a minute today. I was ready to get the dough started for those rolls and the machine started grinding and making awful, horrid, wretched, screaching noises. It didn't have to stop itself, I was glad to put it out of it's misery.

I guess I'll be making a trip to Costco to return it this weekend. My favorite thing about Costco is that they will take back any malfunctioning product that they have sold and take care of the warrantee return for you. You don't have to deal with the wacko company and their crazy shipping and repair policies you just go in and return one and purchase the other, viola! (of course I am not saying the KitchenAid is wacko, I really don't know, but this way I don't even have to find out.)

So, instead of yummy, ooey gooey cinnamon rolls for the teach's I'll be sending yummy, ooey, gooey frosted brownies as teacher gifts tomorrow. Wish me luck on my return.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dani, I would be hoppin' mad too. 7 months is barely time to break it in. Do you want to borrow mine until you can get to Costco? I don't use it like I should. There are only two stores that have a fabulous return policy and they are Nordstrom and Costco, and I am not really a Nordstrom shopper, as you can tell from my wardrobe. Anyway...you have every right to be ticked off with the stupid machine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers