Monday, June 15, 2009

I can't wait 'till it's over!

Only 6 more days until the craziness called the end of the school year is over.

This weekend we attended the end of the year Family Beach Party-Dance at the school. This is the first year in a while that the PTA has put on this event. I was one of a few moms in charge and we weren't sure what to expect. Would families show up? Would the parents enjoy themselves as much as the kids? Would we have enough food for everyone? Would we have enough help?

We were pleasantly surprised to have well over a hundred in attendance. The DJ was excellent. The kids had a great time and the parents did too. We had enough food for everyone but only a few leftovers. We had several volunteers show up out of the woodwork and had enough help to man the snack bars, cashier station, welcome desk (with lei's), the raffle booth, and had a few floaters to take care of odds and ends. It was great! I'm glad it's over.

Now, this morning I had to turn my attention to the last PTA event of the school year--Donuts with Dad. Again I found myself worrying about attendance, food, fun and help. Again I was pleased to see it all come off as planned. It was fun to see all the dads coming through with their kids for breakfast, chatting with them while they ate and then getting their pictures taken before dropping the kids off at classes. It went off without a hitch, I'm glad it's over.

The next few days will be filled with activities, many that have been planned for weeks (see 15 days of school) some just got wriggled in within the last few days (Rushton Family picnic, Cub Scout Bike Rodeo, horn lessons, end of year awards assembly, 5th grade picnic and graduation) and some are just assumed and weren't scheduled but should have been (year-end teacher gifts, Fathers day gifts, out to dinner with the fam on the last of school).

I'm confident that everything will turn out as well as the Family Dance and the Donuts with Dad. I've planned, I've prepared, I've scheduled and I've looked forward to this last week for quite some time. Everything will turn out well--things will fall into place. I can't wait 'till it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers