Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dudley Leavitt Rushton, Sr.

My grandpa passed away this weekend after a short but valiant fight against cancer.

I've always dreamed of living the settlers life out on a farm in Montana, I got that from my grandpas stories of growing up on a farm in Montana. He made it sound so interesting.
I think I also got my love for music (he had a great Tenor voice), art, gardening and baked goods from him.

As a child I loved sneaking into his studio and peeking at his oil paintings, or plodding through his garden to steal berries off his bushes and searching for other yummy goodies on the long rows of veggies. I loved eating his homemade pies with homegrown ingredients (berries, rhubarb). And the cookies, who can forget the cookies?! He was a very good cook.

I love him and will miss him. I look forward to the day when we will be reunited again beyond the veil of mortality.

Dudley L. Rushton Sr.
Beloved husband, father and friend, passed peacefully June 19th, 2009 with his wife, children and grandchildren at his side. He is survived by his loving wife Buddie, 16 children and step children, 74 grandchildren, 84 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great-grandchild. Memorial reception with funeral to follow at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 2455 S. 78th St., Tacoma, WA.
Pub Date: 6/21/2009, Tacoma News Tribune

1 comment:

  1. I was just doing a search on Dudley and came upon your post. I am so thankful he was part of my life and my mothers too. He was such a great man.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers