Friday, May 22, 2009

A Surprise Trip

I'm writing this post at 10:20 Thursday night. The kids are all a-bed and Dave and I just decided to surprise them with a fun adventure at first light. I'm so excited I just can't wait until tomorrow morning and by then I'll be too busy getting everything ready to go and won't want to blog, no offense, so I just had to tell you now. We're heading out first thing in the morning to the beach.

We have so many "beaches" around town here that you may be confused as to why I'm so excited to be going. We're 10 minutes from any number of shorelines on the Puget Sound: Saltar's Point, Solo Point, Sunnyside, Chambers, Titlow, Day Island, etc. Then there's American Lake, Steilacoom Lake, Lake Louise, etc. Twenty minutes away is Commencement Bay (NOT a beach) and a little further Elliot Bay(NOT a beach). Then, of course, there are all the local rivers, creeks and waterfront that go with them too. That is not what I'm talking about.

Tomorrow morning we'll be hitting the road early for a day trip to the Pacific Ocean. The cold and windy shores of Westport to be exact. We'll play in the sand, jump a few waves, eat clam chowder for lunch and maybe dinner too. We'll get super dirty and cold climbing the huge rocks at the jetty to watch the desperate surfers try to catch the teensy, weensy waves. Then in the pitch dark of night we'll drive ourselves home, tired and weary to land in our warm showers and soft beds.

I just can't wait!


I'll tell you all about it next week. Have a great weekend.

PS. and if you want to come to a Boy Scout Memorial Day Breakfast let me know, my son is selling tickets $15 per family all proceeds go to scout camp. LDS Lakewood Stake Center on Farwest Drive, tell 'em Heath Dooley sent ya!

3 comments:

  1. Have a super day!!! [ I listened to my voicemail last night, but it was to late to give you a call.] I'll catch-up with you later.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where on earth do you live to have so much lovely water around you? I grew up around the beach and am no where near it now...and miss it terribly.
    Have a wonderful time!

    http://www.graciousrain.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the ocean! A year ago, we lived near the Atlantic, and now we have the Pacific so close. I think I want to live close to the ocean forever. I have two bottles on my fridge, one full of Atlantic seawater, and the other full of Pacific. I just decided I'm going to redo our master bedroom in a PNW oceanside theme. I hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers