Thursday, May 14, 2009

Measurement Conversions

You already know it but I'll say it again, I LOVE MATH! What I love about math is that there is only one right answer. As long as you follow the correct rules you will get the right answer. I love math because I love being right!

My kids are still picking up on the nuances of math and sometimes ask when they will ever use it when they grow up. "Everyday" I tell them, "everyday I use math." When I purchase something I use math. When I pay bills I use math. When I count how many plants I need I use math. When I calculate how much I must plant in my garden I use math. I use math when I make a pattern or sew a prom dress, skirt or pillowcase. I use it when I cook--a lot!

Here are some common conversions that you may find useful when mixing your math and cooking skills. I know for some of you this may be a recipe for disaster, just take it slow. Measure twice, cut once and remember there is ONLY one right answer.

1 Tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
1 cup = 16 Tablespoons = 48 teaspoons
1 pint = 2 cups = 32 Tablespoons = 96 teaspoons
1 quart = 2 pints = 4 cups = 64 Tablespoons = 192 teaspoons
1 gallon = 4 quarts = 8 pints = 16 cups = 256 Tablespoons = 768 teaspoons

1/4 cup = 4 Tablespoons = 12 teaspoons
1/3 cup = 5 Tablespoons+1 teaspoon = 16 teaspoons
1/2 cup = 8 Tablespoons = 24 teaspoons
2/3 cup = 10 Tablespoons+2 teaspoons = 32 teaspoons
3/4 cup = 12 Tablespoons = 36 teaspoons


Now, go on and do your math!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers