Monday, May 04, 2009

Easy-peel hard boiled eggs

My mom wants me to let you know how to hard boil easy-peel eggs. She recently read an article in Family Circle magazine (while sitting in the doctors office, of course) that suggested this great tip. She was skeptical but she loves hard boiled eggs and hates losing half the egg to the shell. She tried it, it worked, she was very pleased. Even after several days of being in the refrigerator, all the eggs boiled using this great tip were easy to peel. Incredible, edible eggs!

She called me and insisted I blog about it--my readers needed to know.

Do you you need to know? Do you want to know? Well, here it is, the big tip that changed her life and will change yours too----------------

--------add 1 Tablespoon of oil, any kind (though veggie is going to be cheapest), to the cold egg boiling water. Boil as usual, bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to simmering, cover. Cook 4-6 minutes for soft eggs or 15 minutes for hard-cooked. Drain and cool eggs in cold water.

When you peel them the shell will come off, easy!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! thats amazing. i'll have to let my dad know. he's a hard-boiled egg nut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so trying this. My kids like to peel the shells off, but it is such an ordeal.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers