Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bearing Gifts

Since moving back to Washington State nearly three years ago I don't often have the opportunity or a good reason to send a gift long distance, most everyone is right here close. A few weeks ago I had a reason to shop and ship a gift to our new friends and hosts of our Florida Vacation. Since we had paid nothing for our accommodations and activities (fishing, boating, BBQ, and beachcombing) we could certainly show our appreciation with something nice in exchange.

Dave really wanted to send them some local smoked salmon and I thought a few other Washington state or Northwest grown goodies would be nice too. I started searching online for some good deals-- I wasn't trying to be cheap or skimp, the better deal I got the more stuff I could send.

After about an hour of searching online and not being able to find good Northwest "stuff" for the kind of money I wanted to spend I had an epiphany. I realized--Costco is from the Northwest. Costco has an online site. Costco prices include shipping!

Costco was a jackpot. Within minutes I found exactly what Dave wanted to send, what I wanted to send and it was all cheap enough to send a little something more.

Here is what I sent:

Kasiloff Smoked Sockeye Salmon. Kasilof Fish Company is a premier smokehouse located in Marysville, Washington. It is hand filleted and slowly smoked over aromatic hardwood fires. This three pack of alder-smoked fillets (total net weight 24 oz) come fully cooked and ready to serve. They need no refrigeration until after opening and are wonderful served with cheese and crackers or bagels and cream cheese. I also like to use it to make Smoked Salmon Fettucine Alfredo.

Dilettante Chocolate Truffles 3-pack: Peppermint, Ephemere and Toffee Crunch. Dilettante is a Seattle based chocolate company that was originally founded in 1898. These truffles are individually wrapped, melt in your mouth delectable and quite addictive. Save yourself by sharing them with friends.

Northwest Breakfast Set. I couldn't resist this set because while we lived in Fresno I craved--CRAVED--northwest berries, fresh picked. The closest I could get was a certain brand of jam I purchased at Winco (a northwest based grocery store). This set is obviously much better than what I bought myself at Winco. With Maury Island Farm Red Raspberry Ecstasy Fruit Topping to go on top of the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Old Fashioned Pancake and Waffle Mix, Salish Lodge Oatmeal Bag and Salish Lodge Pancake Syrup. Doesn't that make you feel all warm, cozy and hungry just reading about it? Just so you know the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge overlooks the rushing mountain waters of the scenic, 268 foot, Snoqualmie Falls. The Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls is truly a unique experience.

I am sure they will love these selections, I would. And maybe the tastes of Washington will encourage them to come and visit us sometime. If you've got gifts to send check out Costco online for great products at a great price.

1 comment:

  1. Dani,
    I just had a sample of the smoked salmon and I didn't want to put in away, it was so succulent. I am going to use some for dinner tonight on a bed of greens, mmmm mmm good. Thanks guys! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers