Monday, March 16, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes

My friend, Celeste, is looking for some great, yummy cupcake recipes. This one is from my mom--it is DElicious! It shouldn't be too pricey either--A few weeks ago we got cake mixes and limes super cheap. This week Albertsons has double coupons in the Sunday Tacoma News Tribune (pg A4) you can use to double your savings on Cool Whip if you haven't already got some in the freezer.

Coconut-Lime Cupcakes
Dump one white cake mix into a medium bowl. Add 1 1/3 c. water, 1/2 c. oil, 3 eggs, 1 heaping Tblsp. lime zest (snipped to small bits) and 2 t fresh lime juice. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. Pour batter into lined cupcake tins 2/3 full. Bake according to directions on box. Allow to completely cool before frosting.

Cool Lime Frosting

Zest 1-2 limes to measure 1 t. Finely chop or snip the zest. Juice the limes to make 2 T juice. In a bowl combine lime ingredients, 1 container cool whip and 1/2 c. powdered sugar. Gently mix together. Keep cool in frig until cupcakes are completely cool. When cupcakes are cool. Frost and sprinkle with coconut and additional lime zest. Keep cupcakes refrigerated. ENJOY!


Do you have a tasty cupcake recipe you think Celeste would enjoy? Post it on your blog and link it to Dooley's Doodles with Mr. Linky below. And, if you wouldn't mind, post a link back to Dooley's Doodles. Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy Coconut Lime cupcakes! They sound very good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you mentioned that the cake mix had coconut milk in it. Does it not?? Regardless, I am making these next month for my dad's birthday. They are right up his alley (and mine!). And on my friends and my recipe blog, we just posted a recipe for lemon cream cheese cupcakes (www.familyfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com). If it isn't the first post, you can search the site by typing in the name of the cupcake in the search at the top right corner. They are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I thought they had coconut milk but that was for a different cake, my mom corrected me. Moms are good for that! Those lemon cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay Dani... I intended on adding a cupcake recipe, since they are one of my most favorite things... but I have had so many people ask for my oreo truffle recipe, that I had to do those instead... and I guess they are kind of like cupcakes, without the baking! I also meant to put the recipe title instead of my name, but wasn't thinking about it before I hit enter on mister linky... sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers