Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Use it up, wear it out

I am not a blog or computer or html pro. Everything I know about it I have taught myself in a rather random manner--I Google it and do a lot of reading. I like to try out new little gadgets that I see on other web sites. I've been secretly building a new blog(to be released soon) using html and lots of other goodies and gadgets that I've learned about. One of those fun gadgets is Mr. Linky. Mr. Linky is a quick and simple way for people to link their blog posts to yours. It is a fun way to share similar ideas, tips, recipes, lists, whatever.

In my last post on Yummy cupcakes I asked ya'll to link your awesome cupcake recipes using Mr. Linky. I've received a few emails with cupcake recipes but no one used poor Mr. Linky. Perhaps nobody knows how to use Mr. Linky. All you've gotta do is type in your name and/or Cupcake recipe name and then the URL(website address) of your recipe. That's it. Super simple. A great way to share! So take another look around your recipe box today. Spend a few minutes posting your fav to your blog and link with Mr. Linky. There is no limit on how many times you use it, use it up!

While we're talking how-to's have you noticed the little envelope at the bottom of every post? Have you wondered what it's for? OK, sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. You know what it's for, it is to email the post to a friend. Of course, you already knew that but I asked because you haven't been using it! If you read a post you really like, email it to a friend. You've got my permission.

Lastly I wanted to let you know how much fun I am having doing this blog. I appreciate the time you take to visit and to make comments. I am flattered that you take a few minutes out of your life to read about mine. I've always thought I lead a pretty boring life; I do normal things every day just trying to get by while living my dream, being a stay-at-home mom. Writing this blog has taught me that normal does not equal boring and that I am so very fortunate to be living my dream everyday. Thank you for your support, See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,

    I am glad that you explain things like the envelope and Mr. Linky as I am totally clueless. I try to be saavy, but I am technologically inept. I just got a new cell phone and can text. The embarassing part is that I have to ask my 10 and 13 year olds how to do it. I feel like such an idiot. Oh well, just wanted to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers