Friday, March 13, 2009

Up all night

Occasionally I enjoy staying up really late. A few weeks ago Dave and I stayed up until 2 in the morning watching back-to-back Heroes episodes, that was fun! One night last week I stayed up until 3 in the morning doing my taxes, that was rewarding! Tuesday night I was awake until 1 am baking sourdough bread for a teacher luncheon and apple pies for my dad's pie of the month, that was productive!

Wednesday night I was up all night and into the morning with a sick child. She was throwing up and had terrible stomach pain. I was lying on her floor, steadying the bucket and holding back her hair, THAT WAS NOT FUN! I spent most of my day Thursday disinfecting the bathroom and her bedroom, taking naps and fetching her popsicles, saltines, and 7-up.

I am so glad that I always keep these sick-day supplies, popsicles,etc., on hand. I think it would be dangerous for me to operate a vehicle as tired as I am.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were up all night with that, Dani. Been there, done that. Ugh! Laine is sick today (yesterday, too) but luckily for me, has not thrown up. I'll say a little prayer for you and for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I don't look forward to sick nights like those. You're such a good mom!

    I am glad, however, to hear that Jay and I aren't the only ones who stay up late doing stuff. I thought you were supposed to be all grown up and mature and stuff!! ;) Staying up late to watch Heroes. Who does that?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers