Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shopping List

I'm in a bit of a quandary. This is officially Albertsons last week of competitor coupons, though some stores may still accept them through the first week of April, and there's a bazillion coupons out this week--more than I could use sticking to my $50 budget. So, do I stick to my budget or stock up with all the competitor coupons?

There are 45 competitor coupons available this week. More than half of those are useless, either they are not good prices or they are for products Albertson's doesn't carry. But this still leaves me with 20 coupons I do want to use bringing my grocery bill up to nearly $100. Not sticking to my $50 budget this week is not going to break the bank; Dave just received his coaching stipend and we are expecting a healthy tax return any day. Ultimately purchasing and stockpiling these products will save me more than 70% off retail grocery prices; a price-tag that is hard to turn down.

I will likely splurge this week and use all my competitors coupons to commemorate this last chance opportunity. Here are the coupons I am clipping this week:

From Fred Meyer's Monthly ad (in store)
2/$4 24 oz Cottage Cheese
3/$5 Nabisco Teddy Grahams (combine with Manufacturer coupon)
4/$5 32oz Yogurt

From Fred Meyer's Sunday ad
$2.99 44-50 oz Purex Liquid Laundry Detergent or Fabric Softener (combined with $3 off Alby's coupon and manufacturer coupons)
$3.99 2lb Medium Cheddar Cheese
3/$4 1lb butter

From Safeway's Weekly ad
$2.49 11.4 oz Gortons Seafood Selections
.99 18oz Peter Pan Peanut Butter
$1.99 16oz Bacon
$1.99 12 oz string cheese
.97 18ct eggs
$7.98 2 lb shrimp
.99 10-ct Quaker Chewy Bars


From Saar's Market Place Weekly ad
.99 64oz Apple Juice
$1.78 per gallon 2% milk
.99 dozen eggs
$1.68 8.9 oz GM cereals (to be combined with manufacturer coupons and Alby's free bananas promotion)
.48/lb Broccoli
$1.79 16 oz fish sticks
.97/lb Red Seedless Grapes

I'll also be using a few of the Albertsons coupons: Kraft singles, Extra Jumbo Shrimp, BarS Meat Franks. And I'll be taking advantage of the save$10 when you spend $25 deal. I'll be getting some jello, crackers, Oreos :), and Capri Suns, using manufacturer coupons to bring down the price even further.

And of course, remember your $5 off of $50 Entertainment book coupons (I'll be using 2). This is the last week for them also.

What coupons are you using this week? Did I miss anything?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani-also, don't forget-Wal Mart takes competitor Q's. My Freddie's will also take competitor Q's. as long as they don't say "with coupon AND shoppers card" on them.
    Have you been to my blog lately? I try to update it frequently regarding deals that are at different places-since we no longer get Albie's competitor Q's, either. I listed you as a link there :0).

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers