Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April 1st

We don't do much for April Fool's day around our house. I just don't get that in to it. My poor kids, I don't think they have any idea what day April Fool's is on let alone what is done on it--do they teach April Fool's in school?

April Fool's day was a HUGE deal in my family growing up. Mom and Dad LOVE April Fool's day. Mom would spend days, sometimes weeks, preparing for her April Fool's tricks she'd play on dad and us kids. A few of her classics were putting a rubberband around the vegetable sprayer (water would shoot at you when you turned on the kitchen sink), food coloring in the milk, sewing the boys fly's shut. She did a lot more--I just don't want to give away any of her secrets. And honestly, I can't remember many of them anymore, could it be repression?

Happy April Fools Day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought milk at Costco last night! Whew! What a bargain.

    I laughed out loud when I read your Mom's April Fool's Day joke about putting a rubber band on the sink sprayer. I've always dreamed of doing that.......didn't at home, because I didn't want to get creamed.......haven't since because I didn't want to make a mess. :-)

    Looking forward to the hot tips! I'm all about saving a buck.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers