Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Questions Answered

This is a real email with my real reply and really, I got permission from SJ before publishing this. If you have questions you would like me to answer on my blog email them to dooleysdoodles@yahoo.com. I'll do my best.
Dear Dani,
Since I don't get the paper, where can I find manufacturers coupons?
SJ
Hi SJ,
The Sunday paper is the best and most reliable way to get manufacturer coupons. If you don't get the paper delivered you could purchase just a Sunday paper every week from the Dollar Tree (yes, they sell them for just $1) or ask around at church or in your neighborhood if anyone gets the paper but doesn't want the coupons.

If you don't want to do that you can still get manufacturer coupons in five ways:
  1. In the store-- You'll often see them hanging around the store next to the products or sticking on the products. Coupon Ethics and common courtesy would have you take only what you will likely use, not necessarily just during that shopping trip, from the tear pads and not to take stickies off of products you are not purchasing (that is just my opinion).
  2. Inside of products-- Sometimes manufacturers put coupons for your next purchase inside their boxes. They might be printed on the inside too. Right now you can find a $1.50 off coupon for Pampers inside some Cheerios boxes.
  3. In magazines-- You'll often see coupons in magazines but there is one magazine in particular that has a lot of coupons called "All you". It is only available from Walmart or you can also order it online. It is right around $2 and there is a new one every month.
  4. Online--There a lot of online coupon printers available now. On my blog you will see a list of links in the left hand column for Printable Coupons. You must download coupon printer software before you can print (it's free). The down side of printing is that most coupons only print out one or two coupons per page, so you are spending quite a bit of money on paper and ink to get these. Also, sometimes Albertsons and other stores will refuse to accept the online coupons because there is so much fraud with online coupons. Check with your store before you print so you don't waste your time and money. It is fraudulent to copy your printed coupons or to print more than what the site allows by "messing" with your computer (more of my own opinion on coupon ethics).
  5. Purchase them--Believe it or not there are people and companies that sell coupons. I have never done this and know nothing about it. But if you want to find out more about it visit the site Fistfull of coupons. There is a link on my blog from the left hand column. I believe she has some articles on purchasing coupons.

If you have other suggestions for SJ on where to find manufacturer coupons without using the Sunday Newspaper please post a comment. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. See, this here blogging thing is one of my true loves, although my blog is not as practical as yours.
    I'm sure I'll learn some good tips from you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers