Friday, February 06, 2009

Do the Puyallup!

Hey Ya'll, I'll be out in Puyallup next Thursday teaching another Coupons 101 class. If you are interested in dropping in it will be at the LDS church on 176th between Canyon and Meridian. Class starts at 7pm.

Thank you Marci and Christine for the invitation!

If you are in Lakewood our next Coupon Club is scheduled for Thursday, February 26th at 8pm. I hope you can make it. Bring your ads and coupons. We'll talk some more about coupon organization, coupon trains, and we'll go through some more in-depth scenarios. Doesn't that sound fun!

I'll make some goodies again but this time I promise not to use a box mix. Somehow I always mess up box mixes and the brownies I made last time were hard as rocks--Yuck and sorry!

I'll stick with my favorite from scratch/memory brownies

Super Moist Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt, on the stove or in the microwave, 1/2 c butter in a medium size pot (if you're using the microwave make that a Pampered Chef Micro Cooker--Yes, I was a PC Sales girl for 3 years, thank you). Turn off heat and add 6 T. Cocoa Powder. Stir until smooth. Mix in 1 c. sugar, then allow to cool for a few minutes. (wipe up the spilled cocoa powder or a snotty nose while your waiting). Mix in 2 eggs and 1 t. vanilla. Combine thoroughly. Lastly, stir in 3/4c. flour but do not over mix!--Just until the flour has disappeared!

Pour into a sprayed, square brownie pan. (That is, sprayed with Pam or the like, unless it is a non stick/silicone/stoneware pan, in which case don't spray) Cook in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool as long as you can withstand the tempting aroma of chocolaty goodness, about 10-15 minutes. Serves 1-9 people depending on your preferences.

Sometimes I kick it up a notch by throwing in some chocolate chips, nuts, caramel chunks or all three before baking. Or frosting them with mint frosting after they are cooled--yummy!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers