Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Menu Plan

Oops, Yesterday I forgot to include my menu plan. I don't know if you really care what I plan to feed my family but hopefully by including my menu plans here you can see that a meager grocery budget can still provide nutritious meals if your wise in your spending and planning.

The menu is pretty simple this week. I pulled a chicken out of the freezer on Sunday and we will be doing Rubber chicken this week. Last night we had Cajun roast chicken, rice pilaf, cabbage apple coleslaw, and jello.

We didn't get to do Taco night this past Tuesday because of the Cub Scout Blue and Gold dinner so tonight we'll have Taco salad with shredded seasoned chicken.

On Friday, of course, is Pizza. I will be doing a rosemary and garlic chicken pizza with a white sauce.

Saturday I'll make Cock-a-doodle-doo. Really weird name, I know, but it is one of my favorites from when I was a little girl. It's very homey, really easy and the kids love it.

Sunday we are going to a pot-luck at church and I will be taking a big crock pot of Macaroni and Cheese for the kids.

Next Monday night is the Dr. Seuss birthday party at school. I'll be helping there so dinner will need to be something packable and easy-Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, apple slices and carrot sticks.

Finally back around to Tuesday and it's Taco Night. We'll have bean and cheese burritos with rice, cabbage and pico de gallo.

Cock-a-doodle-doo

Prepare 3/4 lb of macaroni , shell or rotini noodles according to package directions.

In a large Family size skillet brown 1 lb. ground beef. Drain off most of the fat and scoot (very technical term) the meat out to the edges of the pan. Add 1 small diced onion and 1-2 cloves of minced garlic to the center of the pan. Cook until onion is translucent.

To the cooked meat and onion add 2 15oz cans of diced tomatoes. Stir and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes while you drain the noodles. Add the noodles to the pan and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve warm.

Leftovers can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers