Friday, January 30, 2009

Shopping list 1/30/2009

It was so good to see so many of you at Coupons 101 last night. I hope you walked away feeling like your time was well spent and your money will be well saved.

I went to Albertsons today and picked up the following items:

first transaction-
3 16 oz Darigold Sour Cream (Saar's .99 ea -.40 ea man. Q) $1.77
4 Nabisco Crackers (Freddy's 3/$5 -$4 off 4) $2.67
1 8oz Kraft Deli Slice Swiss Cheese FREE when purchased with 3 Nabisco crackers
2# ground beef $4
2.7# chicken breasts $4.73
9 12 oz Orange Juice concentrate (Albys coupon) $8.92
12 boxes of General Mills Cereals ( 2/$5 -5.25 man coupons) $24.75

2nd transaction-
4 gallons of Milk ($13.50 in coupons printed from cereal purchase) $1.66

Total spent $50.48 Total Saved $88.33

A few important notes:

  1. I went in planning to buy only 1 Darigold sour cream, even though the limit on the coupon is three, because I only had one manufacturers coupon. At the store they have a Darigold coupon dispenser next to the sour cream for .40 off, so I got two more coupons. Sour Cream can be frozen if you intend to use it in cooking when thawed. If you want to use it on baked potatoes or in dressings, etc. then store it upside down in the back of your refrigerator. It will stay good there for months!
  2. I intended to buy 3 boxes of Nabisco crackers but at the store they had coupons for $2 off 2 boxes hanging from the shelf. This enabled me to get the 4th for free! (Already had one $2 off 2 Q)
  3. The milk coupons that print out say up to $4.50 off one gallon of milk. So I figured, if I can only get one gallon from each of these coupons I'm getting the good stuff for $3.79 a gallon! When I checked out on the second transaction the checker rang up my 3 gallons and then scanned the coupons. The coupons took off $4.50 each and left Alby's owing me money and before I knew it the cashier was sending the bagger to get me another gallon of milk! Well, If I would have known I could get more than 3 gallons I would have gotten the cheap milk--I could have gotten 5 gallons FREE! Oh well, I hope you learn from my lesson and get the cheap milk when you go.
After shopping I spent some time chatting with Alan, the day manager at the Steilacoom Blvd. Alby's. I had a list of questions for him and wanted to pass on the information to you.

First I asked him about the rumors that Albertsons' is no longer accepting competitor coupons--THIS IS FALSE--at least here in the Puget Sound area.

Next, I asked him about printed coupons. He says Albertsons is constantly training their checkers on the correct way to do coupons and what will be accepted. Recently there have been problems with online coupons and the checkers may not accept your printed coupon if it looks like a copy or if it has been reported as a fake, so make sure that you are getting your coupons from real sites like smartsource, betty crocker, etc. (look for the links in the left column)

Alan also offered these other tips: They do not accept coupons from Rite Aid, Walgreens, or Target anymore, ONLY grocery stores. They no longer offer a tote credit for bringing in your own bag (used to be 5 cents per bag). The pharmacy may or may not accept competitor coupons, it is up to the pharmacist, so ask first. Competitor coupons cannot be combined with store Buy one get one free sales and vis versa, competitor buy one get one frees will not be combined with store sales. You must choose one or the other.

Lastly he suggested I visit Albertsons.com and register online for special offers. They will often mail out special coupons just to registered customers. Recently they had a $10 off a $50 purchase which is combinable with your competitor's $5 off of $50 from the entertainment books! So don't delay. Register now, I did.

P.S. let them know that I referred you. My email address is dooleysdoodles@yahoo.com. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers