Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm feeling Lucky!

Boo-yah! Hallelujah! Praise the lord! Hip-Hip Hooray, today's my lucky day! The Prodigal Camera has returned. It was in the Christmas bins all along. Batteries are still good, memory is still good. If you don't know what I'm talking about and want to be "in" on it, check out these two posts: When one door opens and Camera APB.

So now I'm feeling lucky and I've warned you before that I am competitive. (In case you don't remember here is a little post to jog your memory.) My dear friend Shari is a big time couponer. And by big time I mean Major League! (I think she may dream in coupons) So, after I blatantly and proudly posted my grocery list this week she emails me with hers:

"Here is my loot-whew! 5 big bisquick boxes, 2-24 oz green giant veggies, 5 box fib one bars, 1 min. maid OJ, 2 oral b TB, 3 gallons Darigold Milk, 2 jolly time popcorn boxes, 12 kashi bars, 2 reeses candy bar, I dzn natural organic eggs, 2 Pantene shampoo, 2 Pantene cond., 2 old spice deodorant, 3 tag sprays, 5 boxes Cascadian farm cereal, 2 fiber one toaster pastry, 2 chex mix box 100 cal. packs, 9 pasta roni, 9 rice a roni- supposed to buy only 8 each off roni's, oops!, 14 lbs hamburger 7% lean, 6 go-gourts, 5 fiber one cereal, 8 boxes multi grain cheerio, 6 boxes golden grahams, 22 Yoplait yogurts, 1 lg gain detergent, 2 fusion rzrs, 1 free French bread, 6 atkins drink 4-pk, 1 slim-fast 6-pk, 6 single atkins bars, 1 whole chicken, 1 black forest ham(used Fiesta q), 5 lbs russets (used target q printable), 5 boxes slim fast bars, 14 fruit gushers (used target printable's) Grand total -Spent 87.91 and saved 548.68-"

Holy Guacamole, Shari! I am in awe. I am impressed. I am dumbstruck and maddened! I've got my eye on you, Shari, and I'm gonna do my best to catch up. You've antagonized me Shari and though you have a head start, you are smart, shrewd and have more coupons, I will boldly strive to take you on. So, let the battle of the bankroll begin! I started this morning.

I marched right into Albertsons manned with my flaming hot off the press list and a bulging envelope of coupons. Shari, here's my loot --4 boxes Nature Valley granola bars(used Safeway coupon), 2 big boxes of Bisquick, 8 boxes of fruit snacks/rolls, and 6 boxes of chicken helper(used Fred Meyer coupon) Grand Total - Spent $1.23 cents, saved $59.28 and now have $20 in coupons off my next purchase!! (If only they'd still had cereal in stock I would have doubled my savings and still not spent more than a quarter.) Read it and weep Shari. I'm on your tail and I found my camera!

3 comments:

  1. I love it---you go girl! A little competition can be quite healthy-and apparently motivating as well :).

    KEEP IT UP, I AM SURE YOU WILL SURPASS MY EFFORTS IN NOT TIME-PERHAPS IT WILL BE YOU TEACHING ME SOMETHING NEW NEXT TIME-HOPE SO!
    TAKE CARE,
    SHARI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you seem to only shop for the things you eat. I hate looking at other couponing sites and seeing what they buy thinking...I would never even use that or my family wouldn't eat that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I gotta learn how to do that. I drool over the amount I could save. I would love to apply all that extra money to improving our home. Do you know (or remember, I guess) what stores had the best deals here in Fresno? And where did you find your coupons here?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers