Monday, February 02, 2009

Dani's Grocery List Calculator

Looking for a way to track your shopping expenses and figure your grocery bill before even walking into the store? I like to use this spreadsheet in conjunction with my weekly ads to help me stay within my $60/week budget for my family of 6.

Grocery List Calculator
This calculator is a Google Spreadsheet. To use it right click on the link above and select "open link in new tab". Scroll to the bottom and click on edit this page. Please don't really edit the page just save it to your computer.

Once it is saved to your computer you can use it like you would any other Spreadsheet file. The green columns (quantity, price, $Q, Q mega) are number columns that MUST be filled in for it to calculate. $Q means money off coupons. So if you have a 25 cents off coupon for a product it goes in that column. Q mega means coupon mega, if you have a "$10 off your $50 purchase" coupon it would go in this cell. I think everything else is self explanatory. If not please comment and I will help you out.

Before leaving Dooley's Doodles be sure to check out my other tips, posts and online tutorials that will help you lower your grocery bill:

Grocery Shopping 101 - a series devoted to helping you lower your grocery bill.
So Many Mouths, A day late and a dollar short and Meal Math - a series of 3 posts with more grocery lowering advice
A new way to shop-more ways to slash your grocery bills
Tips-insights on making your grocery shopping experience a good one
Scratch vs.- a series of fun posts that will help you determine which is cheaper the scratch recipe or the box?

And, check back often for grocery "best deals", recipes, menus and more.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I am delighted everytime I open my e-mail and find a Dooley's Doodles. You are doing more than a magnificent service to help us all save money. Martha Stewart is getting old you know and you are alot cuter that her anyway. Tell her to move over, she is yesterday's leftovers.
    Anyway I was wondering if you could expand your gasoline spreadsheet to 45 miles per gallon at 2.59 per gallon? That would be something I can use. I loved the pictures of the wedding dress! Definately your prayers were answered! ,and what a beautiful model (new sister in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ilovechocolate, I made that change to the gasoline spreadsheet way back when you asked for it but I expanded it even further today, adjusting for our current high prices. It now extends to $3.14 per gallon. You can find a quick link to that spreadsheet at http://dooleysdoodles.blogspot.com/2009/04/cost-of-gasoline-per-mile-around-town.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having trouble saving the coupon list calculator. Nothing comes up edit on the bottom of the page and every way I have tried to save it does not allow me to write on the chart. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, they've recently changed Google Docs and I am having the same problem. I will try to figure it out. In the mean time if you do first please let me know. If worst comes to worst it is a super easy spreadsheet to remake in your own spreadsheet program. Sorry I can't be of more help right now but I'll try.

      Delete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers