Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/14 shopping list

7# Fuji Apples (.48 /lb Saar's coupon )(- $1 coupon on bulk bags) 2.50
1 French Bread Free
2 Quaker Simple Harvest $1.50 ea(-1.50 ) 2.00
4 boxes Quaker Chewy $1.5o ea(-2 - 3 Fred Meyer coupon) 1.00
4 boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal $1.50ea (-2.70) 3.30
8 boxes Quaker life cereal $1.50 ea(-4 ) 8.00
2 Quaker Oats $1.5o each(-1.20) 1.80
4 Kelloggs Rice Krispies/Frosted Flakes $1.25 ea (-2)(-6 Red Apple coupon) -3.00
10 Albies canned beans or tomatoes (5/$2 Freddies coupon) 4.00
6 12 pack Albies soda (6/$10 Freddies coupon) 10

I am using a $5 off coupon from the Entertainment book and $15 off your next order coupons from last week for a grand total of $9.10

This is WAY under my allotted $50 a week but I must admit that I did go back to Albies one more time last week to get milk, more roast beef and pork chops (both on an incredibly good deal) and another round of "free" items from the 30/15 sale: 4 boxes of muffin mix, 2 8 packs of yoplait yogurt, and tide detergent. I spent $20 which keeps my weekly average still under $50.

This weeks menu includes: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Hand-tossed Pizza, Beef Enchiladas, and Chicken Pillows.

I had enough saucy Pork last week to freeze half for use sometime in the next month. Same with the Roast we had for dinner Tuesday. I shredded what was left and will use half for the beef Enchiladas this week and the other half later in the month for BBQ sandwiches or French Dip. That $9 roast will go a long way!

7 comments:

  1. Can I be the first to RSVP to your coupon class via your blog? I am so excited! I will totally be there. And check out leeloublogs.blogspot.com for blog layouts. They are LDS and click on free layouts - they have a cute selection. And thanks for sharing your coupon know-how with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Check out my blog - I posted my first actual coupon shopping trip on there and you can see how well (or not so well) I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new blog skin. super cute! although it looks more like something I would choose. :) thanks again for the help today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had limited choices on the blog skin. Yesterday I went through two others but wasn't happy with them. I put this one on today and still am not satisfied but it is better than nothing. It will change again once TCBOTB has their server running again. You are here so often you should be one of my followers. Sign up and you'll be notified when I make posts. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog Celeste and great job on your first coupon shop. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you budget in cleaning supplies, office / stationary supplies and other things like that into your grocery shopping budget, or do you have a seperate budget for things like that?? Seeing how much, or should I say how little you spend is making me feel quite guilty, but I ususlly have to buy soaps and detergents and paper and pens / pencils, etc. when I go grocery shopping. HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!? It amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LEC, check out my earlier posts where I detail some of my specifics on shopping (Too many mouths,Too many mouths two). Also, under coupon links, there is a site called pinching your pennies. Go there and read their post called coupons 101. That will give you a little more how to. and Yes I do buy paper products and cleaning supplies on my $50 a month budget. I do not generally use it for office supplies. I stock up on those every August and September when they go on sale for "Back to School".

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers