Thursday, December 18, 2008

When one door opens . . .

I am pleased to announce that I have a new KitchenAid mixer. Thank you Dacia for your help masterminding this superb Black Friday deal and coordinating it with my husband as an early Christmas present. He couldn't wait a month for homemade bread and insisted I use it immediately. To read last months heartwrenching KitchenAid post read "A Sad Day for Dani".

I've had it a couple of weeks and have put it through various tests: bread dough, pizza dough, cake, pie dough, whipping cream, cookies, etc. It is a bit louder and whinier than the old one but also has a better dough hook, more room between the mixer head and the bowl and delayed start that keeps the flour from flying up and out when the motor starts. Good trade offs.

However, when one door opens, another must close (I know, I've inverted my cliche). That same week my dryer went out. It was the thermal sensor again. Dean at TV Time did the repairs for me but I still had to get the dryer over to him, which took me a couple days.

Once the dryer was reinstalled the garage door opener decided to stop working. It was last Sunday afternoon when we discovered the failure. We had just come home from church and we were ready for lunch. We all piled out of the car and lined up outside the garage waiting for it to respond. No response.

All the windows and doors were locked, Dave had made sure of it before we left. My keys were inside, we were outside. To make a long story short we had to break in to our own house while in our Sunday best. The new window is on order.

Next up is car trouble. The old Suburban didn't pass emissions. $300 flys out of my pocket.

Now I cannot find my camera. It was new for Christmas last year and I really need it for Christmas morning shots this year. Not to mention of course the essential kids playing in a foot of snow pics! I really want my camera.

But then again, if I don't find it does that mean my string of bad luck ends?

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a series of trying events. Money has a way of making itself from one person to the next rather quickly this time of year. I'm so glad you have another kitchen aid, and I'll keep my eyes open for the camera. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani..i just read your entry and thought it was so funny (i can laugh at it now) because that same thing happened to our family a couple of months ago..we got locked out of our house in our church clothes! We had to send my dear Madisen up on the roof in her Sunday best to break into her room! :) (Shhhh)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers