Tuesday, October 21, 2014
"Are you paralyzed with fear? That’s a good sign. Fear is good. Like self-doubt, fear is an indicator. Fear tells us what we have to do. Remember our rule of thumb: The more scared we are of a work or calling, the more sure we can be that we have to do it.
"Resistance is experienced as fear; the degree of fear equates the strength of Resistance. Therefore, the more fear we feel about a specific enterprise, the more certain we can be that that enterprise is important to us and to the growth of our soul."
Steven Pressfield, The War of Art
Monday, October 20, 2014
|Feeling a little nervous before the race.|
|Two purple toes. Thankful for feet.|
Monday, October 13, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014
122. warm nights (but not too warm)
123. the stars
124. the lunar eclipse of the blood moon. It was so cool.
125. surfing date nights
126. root beer floats
127. Oreo cookies
128. friends who pitch in when I need help
129. helping friends with their sewing projects
130. apple bananas
131. cold papaya
132. cool clean drinking water
134. guest speakers in my class--less time I have to talk :-)
135. morning runs on the beach
136. Ballega running socks
137. Did I say before: that Dave fixes our vehicles? yeah, again, I love that he fixes our vehicles.
138. Pay Days!
139. Handel's Messiah
140. peanut M&M's. I may have said that before but I really love them.
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Travel to the Big Island-We bought our tickets and made our reservations! We will be going for Christmas! I am so excited. Hike to Laie SummitI will be completing this on NOV 1st. Yep, going up the Hill on the morning of my 40th birthday. A few friends who are interested in the trek will be going with me. It will be an 8 hour hike.
- Hike Stairway to Heaven--This trail has been closed and monitored closely. I won't likely complete this goal. There's always next year.
- Hike Sacred Falls--Another illegal hike that I cannot accomplish . . .yet.
- Hike Diamond Head
--I might be able to do this next Friday, stay tuned and cross your fingers. Complete a Marathon distance--This is on the calendar for December. I will be running the Laie Marathon on the second Saturday of December with a group of friends. It goes from Laie to Waimea and back again. Should take me about 5 hours. Yikes. Complete a sprint Triathalon Learn to cross walk my surfboard--I'm not super awesome but I'm doing better and practice a lot. Learn to ride a skate board--after spending an hour or so messing around with the skateboard I decided that that was enough. The kids think I'm cool without being a good skateboarder :-) Ride my bike with no hands--I can kinda do this. for like 5 seconds. I'll continue working on this this next year because I will begin training for an Oregon Coast bike trip that Dave and I will be doing next summer. Be in a flash mob Make home made yogurt
- Make home made caramels--this is on the calendar for next Sunday afternoon
Make Granola Bars
- Make Gyros--Will be making these next week (waiting on the recipe from my SIL)
- Make CocoPuffs (like Liliha bakery)--I'm gonna do it today!!!!
Make authentic Pani Popo Get or make a dress form
- Sew a Hawaiian Quilt block
Learn to tat Sew Easter Dresses for/with my girls
- Sew/Tailor a suit for one of the boys--Still haven't gotten around to this and won't before my birthday. Dang. I will do it still.
- Sew myself a blouse--it is in the works. I've got the material and the pattern and now I just gotta make the time. Next Saturday I think is the day.
Sew myself a dress Make curtains for the houseOk, so I didn't "make" them. My landlord gave me the curtains I needed so why make more?! Learn how to use the embroidery machine at school Further develop curriculum for THEA 141 Make a container garden
- Read the Book of Mormon straight through, marathon style--This is on the calendar this week. I will use a combination of reading and listening via my scripture app.
Read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance Read Brave New World Read I am the Messenger Write to Gramma at least once per month Sort through kids memorabilia--I did this several months ago and I've already got more stuff that needs to go in. This is a never ending project. Get my photo albums up to date--same for this one. Just when I get caught up I find more files that need to be printed and added. I happy to report that I am further ahead on this than I was when I made the goal and that's the whole point, right?!
- Place my photography for sale on Fine Art America --I'm undecided on following through on this one.
Buy a piano (or keyboard with weighted keys)--Yep, got myself an old piano. Next goal--learn how to tune it! Pay off my student loan--Made my last payment in September!! What a relief it is to have that debt gone.
- Get my motorcycle endorsement--I want to do this but also don't want to. I waver between being brave and being a chicken. I am not likely to have my endorsement by the end of the month because I am feeling like a chicken lately. Hopefully I can confront my fear, gather my courage, and go achieve this goal in the near future.
Thursday, October 02, 2014
Behind the Scenes BYUH Costume Shop Blog